Independently Operated Backend Provider for Live-Service Games Accelerates Growth and Expands Strategic Partnerships for Its Scalable and Cross-Platform Ready Services for Faster and Simpler Solutions Without Compromise
SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#GameAsAService—AccelByte, an independently-operated backend and tools provider for live-service games, announced today that it has closed on $10 million in Series A funding. The raise was led by Galaxy Interactive, with additional funding from leading game companies NetEase, KRAFTON, and Dreamhaven, enabling AccelByte to expand its strategic partnerships while continuing to demonstrate its success as a comprehensive white-label backend solution for game studios to develop, publish, and/or operate Games-as-a-Service (GaaS).
AccelByte initiates distinctive user practices to benefit its global clients, such as giving customers full data ownership, as well as highly customizable modular architecture for each of their partners. With an approach tailored to the needs of each studio, AccelByte’s massively scalable suite of tech empowers companies to accelerate their window for title release.
The company has created its forward-thinking platform to support cross-play, cross-progression, identity management and matchmaking—as well as functioning as a tailor-made platform without artificial limits on aspects like transactions and storage that can restrict growth. Moreover, AccelByte’s unique, expansive architecture makes it possible for developers to build and introduce a multiple title macrocosm on the level of AAA studios.
“We are proud to provide a bespoke approach for game studios with dedicated single tenant deployment, so our partners have an extensible experience, as well as full ownership of their player and game data,” said Junaili Lie, CEO at AccelByte. “AccelByte is focused on helping studios by offering a proven, efficient, and accessible online backend tech platform and tools at scale, so developers can do what they do best: create awesome games.”
The Series A round is a primer for AccelByte to further bring premium level, scalable, and cross-platform ready services to game developers and companies around the world. Formed in 2016, AccelByte was cash flow positive and profitable prior to the raise, but will utilize the investment to help accelerate its business plans, which includes expanding the company’s network of games industry relations. AccelByte has partnered with stellar game companies from around the world; clients have included: KRAFTON, Deep Silver Volition, Versus Evil, and Stray Bombay, amongst others.
“AccelByte is a strong offering, and we believe in its mission to bring top notch and attainable backend solutions to game developers,” said Michael Fan, Principal at Galaxy Interactive. “Their customizable, cross-platform ready products are an all-in-one solution for games-as-a-service needs, which we recognize as a real growth area for the games industry.”
The company’s proprietary architecture includes AccelByte Cloud, along with AccelByte enterprise and AccelByte Blackbox. AccelByte Cloud is a premium level live technology solution that simplifies game development, publishing, and operations, allowing teams to build faster, scale infinitely, and deploy without worry.
AccelByte Cloud builds online services for games that scale to millions of players providing key backend essentials:
- Access: Connect cross-platform accounts and control integrated identity management with a built-in GDPR and CCPA compliant third-party account integration with PlayStation, Steam, Xbox, Facebook, and beyond
- Play: Dynamically assemble and match players through cross-platform lobbies with flexible matchmaking configurations and smart multiplayer server management
- Distribution: Patching via a white-labeled player portal and game launcher
- Storage: Cross-platform persistent player profile tracking, including statistics, inventory, and progression—as well as cloud game states and saves
- Monetization: Commercialize a game with catalog, order, entitlements, wallet and code redemption, payment aggregator integration, and in-game/app purchases
- Analytics: KPI tracking (i.e. MAU, user retention), custom metric creation, and data-warehouse streaming (i.e. Snowflake) with full data ownership
- Social: Build a vibrant community within friends, parties, and groups/clans with real-time chat, as well as presence and player status
- Engagement: Track, engage, and retain players with leaderboards, season passes, achievements and rewards, and user-generated content management
- Customization: AccelByte’s services can be extended by integrating a client’s custom logic to augment trigger hosted logic by events or HTTP call, build their own service with AccelByte’s server-side SDK, and utilize cloud states and saves
AccelByte’s offerings can be viewed at: https://youtu.be/LkgCHBmJxTQ.
More information on AccelByte and its products, engineering insights, guides, and staff opinion articles can be found at: https://blog.accelbyte.io.
About AccelByte, Inc.
AccelByte, Inc. is a scalable, single tenant and customizable solution for game backend services. With a creative, practical, and customer-forward approach, AccelByte is a disruptive white-label resource for live-service games. The company mission is to provide accessible, best-in-class AAA quality tools and game platform technology for creators to develop and operate world-class online gaming and entertainment experiences. AccelByte is independently-operated and has partnered with major game publishers and developers such as KRAFTON, Deep Silver Volition, Bandai Namco, Gearbox, and Remedy. AccelByte prides itself on providing a dedicated, unique environment and full ownership of player data for every partner. AccelByte is committed to creating a stronger games industry with a cutting-edge approach and without artificial limits for the future of interactive online entertainment. Seattle-based AccelByte was founded in 2016 by industry veterans who engineered online systems for some of the largest game and distribution platforms in the world—Epic Games, Xbox, PlayStation, and EA. For more information, visit accelbyte.io.
Sonia Im | Riley Smith
ONE PR Studio (for AccelByte Inc.)