Third generation OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock features 14 ports, setting the new benchmark in connectivity and versatility for both Mac and PC power users
Woodstock, IL – OWC®, a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, is proud to announce the early feedback and product reviews from members of the press and customers alike for its new 14-port Thunderbolt 3 Dock, which began shipping on November 24, 2018.
- “This dock has literally changed my life. I work in an animation studio environment with dual screens, external keyboard and mouse and two RAID SSDs, and being able to connect and disconnect from that setup with one simple click is a huge time saver.”
- Jim H., Huntsville AL
- “I love the fact that I can plug in a single USB-C cable into my MacBook and I’ve got everything I need. Most of the ports are in the back, which is actually great. It means I can plug things in and route them behind my desk area so they don’t take up space on my desk. I love the styling, which has a nice aluminum finish that matches the MacBook Pro’s two aluminum finishes, and a smooth, shiny, polished plastic top that makes the entire hub look high-end. This feels like a dock that I can be proud to use alongside of my MacBook Pro. It’s as professional as the laptop itself.”
- Danielle of Leaf and Core
- “Now with 14 ports that many of us need, OWC’s new Thunderbolt 3 Dock has brought amazing and dependable connectivity to my 15” MacBook Pro with Touch Bar through an included 20″ Thunderbolt 3 cable which delivers 85W of power to my laptop plus a second port for up to 5 chained Thunderbolt devices, all at the fastest speeds possible.”
- Tom Piper, AppleJAC
- “If you’re a
15-inch MacBook Pro user, you’ll be glad to hear that OWC has bumped up the
charging capabilities in the new dock to 85 watts from the original 60 watts.
That’ll be enough to charge up your MacBook Pro at the same speed as from
Apple’s power adapter, and it’ll keep your machine powered up even under heavy
- Eric Slivka, MacRumors
- Eric Slivka, MacRumors
Thunderbolt 3 Dock serves the purpose of giving you back all the options and
choices that ether got removed from the Apple laptop in the name of progress or
were never found there in the first place. Now you don’t have to pick and
choose which peripheral you can use, because there’s a port for pretty much
anything you can think of using.”
- Marshal Rosenthal, Gadget Review
The new OWC 14-port Thunderbolt 3 Dock takes connectivity to a whole new level. Featuring a potent 85-watts of charging power, plus a dedicated 10 Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port, this new dock keeps the Thunderbolt 3 port available for other Thunderbolt 3 devices such as hard drives or monitors. In addition, the OWC 14-port dock is the only Thunderbolt 3 docking station on the market with both microSD and SD Card slots. These microSD and SD card slots are fully compatible with the new SD Express (PCIe/NVMe) cards, making this the most up-to-date and versatile dock available today.
OWC 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock Features:
- Thunderbolt-certified for Windows and Mac
- Charges MacBook Pro, Windows notebooks and mobile devices
- Supports dual 4K displays or one 5K display for the ultimate in color reproduction
- (1) Mini DisplayPort with DiplayPort++ – Supports DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA and other displays
- (1) Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) port for host connectivity and 85W of charging power
- (1) Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) port for up to 5 additional daisy-chained Thunderbolt devices including Thunderbolt 3, USB-C and DisplayPort displays
- (1) Audio In/Out for headphone, mics, speakers and other audio gear
- (1) 10 Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C with Power Delivery up to 15W for mobile device charging
- (5) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A Ports, 2 with 7.5W of high-power charging
- (1) SD card reader
- (1) Micro SD card reader
- (1) Gigabit Ethernet port for high-speed wired networks
- (1) S/PDIF digital audio output
- Thunderbolt 3 cable included
Other World Computing (OWC), founded by Larry O’Connor when he was 14 years old in 1988, is dedicated to helping tech enthusiasts and industry professionals do more and reach higher. Our trusted storage, connectivity, software and expansion solutions enable creative professionals, producers, educators and government entities to get the most out of their technology investments, protect valuable digital assets and expand their hardware’s capabilities to keep up with the demands and evolution of their work. OWC features an award-winning technical support team that is on hand 24/7 as well as an unparalleled library of step-by-step installation and support videos. In everything we do at OWC, we believe in making a better world where technology inspires imagination, and everything is possible.
© 2019 Other World Computing, Inc. All rights reserved. Apple and Mac are the trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Intel and Thunderbolt are trademarks of Intel Corporation registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other marks may be the trademark or registered trademark property of their respective owners.