DUBLIN, Oct. 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The “Smart Augmented Reality (AR) Glasses – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global market for Smart Augmented Reality (AR) Glasses estimated at 255.6 Thousand Units in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of 8.8 Million Units by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 80.3% over the analysis period.
Simple Assisted Reality Glasses, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 76.9% CAGR to reach 6.4 Million Units by the end of the analysis period.
Smart AR glasses are typically heads-up displays in the form of specialized eyewear. Form factors of smart AR glasses range from simple assisted reality glasses to MR Holographic Displays. AR/VR smart glass technology is experiencing increasing adoption in various sectors such as field service, logistics, manufacturing, operation, and inspection. AR/VR smart glasses have the capability to improve and also take the place of current technology solutions in supply chains.
Organizations using AR wearable electronics are showing applications that result in improvements in productivity, efficiency, and also compliance. The market is expected to gain from the developments in machine vision and AI and also analytics and big data. Object and face tracking enhancements, voice recognition and other capabilities will augment the adoption of AR and VR. The AR/VR smart glasses market is also expected to gain from the Industry 4.0 and the growing interest in AR/VR technology among gamers.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at 257.1 Thousand Units in 2020, While China is Forecast to Reach 460.4 Thousand Units by 2026
The Smart Augmented Reality (AR) Glasses market in the U.S. is estimated at 257.1 Thousand Units in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 62.03% share in the global market. China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of 460.4 Thousand Units in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 99.1% through the analysis period.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 70.6% and 76.3% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 81.6% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach 915.7 Thousand Units by the end of the analysis period.
Smart Helmets Segment to Reach 1.5 Million Units by 2026
Smart Helmet feature a 360-degree camera, GPS, WLAN, Bluetooth, IR transmitter, and solid-state memory integrated into smart glasses. The unit displays graphical information, enabling workers to gain information on maintenance or repair from remote experts. Hands-free operations are a major advantage. In the global Smart Helmets segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 71.6% CAGR estimated for this segment.
These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of 53.4 Thousand Units in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of 2.3 Million Units by the close of the analysis period. China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach 75.4 Thousand Units by the year 2026.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic and Looming Global Recession
- 2020 Marked as a Year of Disruption & Transformation
- Pandemic Triggers Need for Digital Interventions and Hybrid Workspaces, Presenting Opportunities for AR Smart Glasses
- China Uses AR Smart Glasses to Deal with COVID-19 Resurgence
- COVID-19 Outbreak Drives Use of AR/VR Glasses in Defense Sector
- Augmented Reality: Enriching the Real World through Convergence with Digital Information and Media
- Smart Augmented Reality (AR) Glasses: Making Science Fiction a Reality
- AR Glasses: Insights into Functionality
- AR versus VR Glasses
- Smart Augmented Reality (AR) Glasses: Despite Early Failures, Long-term Remains Promising
- Global Market Prospects & Outlook
- Intriguing Real-World & Potential Applications of Smart Glasses
- Google Glass Failure & the Lessons Learnt
- Google Glass Enterprise Edition: Focus on Industrial Applications
- Microsoft’s HoloLens: Wearable Holographic Computing
- Products Stirring Smart Glasses Market with Innovative Functionality
- Companies Betting Big on Next-Generation Smart AR Glass Technology
- Upcoming Products in the Smart AR Glass Market: An Overview
- World Brands
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS(Total 51 Featured)
- Atheer Inc.
- Avegant Corp.
- Epson America Inc.
- Everysight LTD
- Google Inc.
- Laforge Optical
- Laster Technologies
- Lumus Ltd.
- Magic Leap Inc.
- Meta Company
- Microsoft Corp.
- NVIS Inc.
- Optinvent SA
- Osterhout Design Group
- Penny AB
- Recon Instruments Inc.
- Sony Corporation
- Sulon Technologies Inc.
- Tobii AB
- Vrvana Inc.
- Vuzix Corporation
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Newer Capabilities of AR Spur Customer Interest in Smart AR Glasses
- Select Innovations in Smart AR Glasses Market
- Promising Applications of Smart AR Glass
- Smart AR Glasses to Benefit from the Rising Focus on Remote Assistance
- Smart AR Glasses Emerge as Enticing Options to Improve Business Flows and Efficiency
- Increasing Investments in Smart Workforce Mobility & Productivity to Benefit Adoption of AR in the Enterprise/Industrial Sector
- Rising Investments in BYOD Brings Greater Market Opportunity for Smart Glasses in the Enterprise Sector
- Burgeoning Sales of Smartphones to Benefit Smartphone-Dependent AR Glasses
- Potential to Improve Productivity & Efficiency to Fuel Adoption of Smart AR Glasses in Industrial & Manufacturing Sector
- Trend towards Industry 4.0 Presents Opportunities for AR Smart Glasses
- Popular Industrial-Grade Smart AR Glasses: A Review
- Growing Prominence of AR/VR Technology in Gaming Industry to Boost Market Prospects
- 5G Network Technology and Digitization: Potential for AR/VR Smart Glasses Market
- Increasing Adoption of AR/VR in Social Network Platforms to Fuel Popularity of AR Smart Glasses
- Snapchat Spectacles AR Appears Poised to Step Up Smart AR Glasses Game
- Surge in Online Shopping Activity and Burgeoning eCommerce Market Drives Focus onto the Role of Smart AR Glasses
- Smart AR Glasses to Revolutionize Retail & Shopping Sector
- Warehouses & Logistics Turn to Smart AR Glasses for “Hands-Free Order Picking” Tasks
- Smart AR Glasses to Enable Hands-Free Inspection, Maintenance and Repair of Production Floor Machinery
- AR Complements CRM to Transform Sales and Service Processes in Enterprises
- Use of Smart AR Glasses for 3D/CAD Modelling in Design Firms
- AR Devices Find Increased Importance in Healthcare Industry, Spurring Opportunities for AR Smart Glasses
- Rise of Remote Monitoring & Telemedicine amid COVID-19 to Present Opportunities for Smart AR Glass Market
- App Ecosystem, the Most Vital Ingredient in Making Augmented Reality Enterprise Ready
- AR Smart Glass & AI: Providing Transformative Experience in Insurance Industry
- Major Challenges Confronting Smart AR Glasses Market
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/g5eyjm
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-smart-augmented-reality-ar-glasses-market-report-2021-surge-in-online-shopping-activity-and-burgeoning-ecommerce-market-drives-focus-onto-the-role-of-smart-ar-glasses-301410075.html
SOURCE Research and Markets