E-Book Market to Record a YoY Growth Rate of 6.04%, Consumer E-Book to be Largest Revenue-generating Product Segment – Technavio
NEW YORK, Sept. 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “E-Book Market by Product (Consumer E-book, Professional E-book, and Educational E-book) and Geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA) – Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025″ report has been added to Technavio’s offering. The potential growth difference for the e-book market size between 2020 and 2025 is USD 6.93 bn. To get the exact CAGR and the Y-O-Y growth rate, Request a FREE PDF Sample Report Now
Key Market Dynamics:
- Market Driver: The benefits and reader engagement of e-books are driving the global e-book market growth. The prevalence of books in digital format is high. E-books and e-readers are becoming common across the world. The latest interactive technologies, such as verbal interaction, augmented reality (AR), and gaming, are being integrated into e-books. Thus, the demand for interactive e-books will continue to rise, which will drive the growth of the global e-book market during the forecast period.
- Market Challenge: The growing number of privacy breaches is challenging the growth of the market. Vendors or publishers in the global e-book market are threatened by the surge in copyright infringement. Piracy and illegal file-sharing have become a threat to the growth of the global e-book market, with the rapid penetration of the Internet. The increasing threat of e-book piracy impacts the financial health of companies as well as the interest of publishers. Thus, the unauthorized duplication of copyrighted content is expected to hamper the growth of the global e-book market during the forecast period.
To learn about additional key drivers, trends, and challenges available with Technavio, Read our FREE PDF Sample Report Right Now!
The e-book market report is segmented by product (consumer e-book, professional e-book, and educational e-book) and Geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA).
The consumer e-book segment will be the largest contributor to the growth of the e-book market. Consumer e-books include fiction genres such as adult fiction. They are primarily purchased by individual end-users. The demand for fiction books is growing due to the evolving reading habits of individuals. These books account for a majority of the revenues generated from the sales of e-books in European countries, such as Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Belgium. E-commerce vendors are playing a significant role in the growth of the market. For instance, BookyWooky, an e-commerce player for children’s books in India, offers interactive children’s books such as board books, cloth books, and self-reading and self-activity books for children.
North America will be the leading region with 45% of the market’s growth during the forecast period. The US and Canada are the key countries for the e-book market in North America.
Learn about the contribution of each segment summarized in concise infographics and thorough descriptions in our report. Buy Now to gain access to exclusive information about all vendors
Some Companies Mentioned
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA
- Cengage Learning Inc.
- Hachette Livre
- HarperCollins Publishers
- John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- Kensington publishing corp.
- Macmillan publishers
- McGraw Hill
Want your report customized? Speak to an analyst and personalize your report according to your needs
E-books Market in Europe Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2022-2026
Digital Education Publishing Market in US Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
E-Book Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 7.25%
Market growth 2021-2025
USD 6.93 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 45%
Key consumer countries
US, Canada, UK, Germany, China, and Italy
Leading companies, competitive strategies, consumer engagement scope
Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA, Cengage Learning Inc., Hachette Livre, HarperCollins Publishers, John Wiley and Sons Inc., Kensington publishing corp., Macmillan publishers, and McGraw Hill
Parent market analysis, market growth inducers and obstacles, fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID-19 impact and future consumer dynamics, and market condition analysis for the forecast period.
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
Browse Consumer Discretionary Market Reports
Key Topics Covered
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Education Services
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 – 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global – Market size and forecast 2020 – 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 – 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition – Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product – Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Consumer eBook – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Consumer eBook – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Consumer eBook – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Professional eBook – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Professional eBook – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Professional eBook – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Educational eBook – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Educational eBook – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Educational eBook – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
7 Segment by Platform Usage
- 7.1 Smartphones
- 7.2 Tablets
- 7.3 Others
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.4 Europe – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.5 APAC – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.6 South America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.7 MEA – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Overview
- 10.2 Vendor landscape
- 10.3 Landscape disruption
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Amazon.com Inc.
- 11.4 Apple Inc.
- 11.5 Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA
- 11.6 Cengage Learning Inc.
- 11.7 Hachette Livre
- 11.8 HarperCollins Publishers
- 11.9 John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- 11.10 Kensington publishing corp.
- 11.11 Macmillan publishers
- 11.12 McGraw Hill
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focus on emerging market trends and provide actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions.
With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
Media & Marketing Executive
US: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/e-book-market-to-record-a-yoy-growth-rate-of-6-04-consumer-e-book-to-be-largest-revenue-generating-product-segment—technavio-301615156.html