Educational grant program supports creative student learning and innovative technologies; $60,000 awarded to schools last year
MATTOON, Ill.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Consolidated Communications, (NASDAQ: CNSL), today announced $42,000 in grant funding to K-12 schools in support of innovative, technology-focused learning programs through the Consolidated Connects Educational Grant Program.
Consolidated Connects grants support school and district initiatives within the Company’s service area that advance creative student learning, develop 21st century skills, promote critical thinking and utilize innovative technologies. A total of $60,000 was awarded through the grant program in 2021.
The recent grant recipients include:
- Eastern Illinois Education for Employment System 340 (Ill.) – creation of a maker space
- Effingham School District (Ill.) – STEAM/STEM lab expansion
- Mattoon High School (Ill.) – e-sports drone soccer program
- Oxford Hills School District (Maine) – experiential outdoor education program
- Trinity Lutheran School (Minn.) – greenhouse program
- Goffstown High School (N.H.) – robotics programming
- Hampstead Central School (N.H.) – creation of blended learning environment
- Lincoln Street School (N.H.) – robotics programming and curriculum
- Hudson Middle School (Texas) – robotics and coding programming
- Royal High School (Texas) – technology services and support student internship program
- Orleans Central Supervisory Union (Vt.) – virtual and augmented reality programming
- Putney Central School (Vt.) – smart physical education program
“Consolidated Communications has a long history of supporting schools and the communities we serve, and we are committed to making them stronger,” said Jennifer Spaude, senior vice president of corporate communications and investor relations. “Through our Consolidated Connects Educational Grant Program, we’re investing in educational programming to help children and young adults learn, grow and thrive.”
Consolidated Connects’ grants are awarded annually through a grant application process. More information on how to apply for a grant through the Consolidated Connects Educational Grant Program is available at consolidated.com/cciconnects.
About Consolidated Communications
Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CNSL) is dedicated to moving people, businesses and communities forward by delivering the latest reliable communications solutions. Consumers, businesses and wireless and wireline carriers depend on Consolidated for a wide range of high-speed internet, data, phone, security, cloud and wholesale carrier solutions. With a network spanning more than 50,000 fiber route miles, Consolidated is a top 10 U.S. fiber provider, turning technology into solutions that are backed by exceptional customer support. Learn more at consolidated.com. Connect with us on social media.
Shannon Sullivan, Consolidated Communications
603-656-1521, [email protected]
Jennifer Spaude, Consolidated Communications
507-386-3765, [email protected]idated.com