|Page (1) of 1 - 09/08/08||email article||print page|
Photoshop: Smiles everyone smilesHow to make an easy smiley in Photoshop
So I thought I would go through the steps in showing you how to CREATE your own Smiley FACE!
It's fairly simple, but there are a lot of ways you can attack this simple graphic. Here's one way to do it.
1. Create a NEW Photoshop Document. / 360x360 / RGB / 72 DPI
2. Grab the Ellipse Tool from shapes
With the shape tool selected, draw out a perfect circle by holding down the SHIFT key (Color it Bright Yellow)
3. Using the same tool (Ellipse Tool), drag out a tall eye. Then use your Path Selection Tool, hold the Option Key and drag the path to DUPLICATE IT to the other side.
4. Duplicate your eye and rotate it horizontaly, you will need to add more points to the edge of your mouth, and slightly adjust them. Then just take the two points in the middle and ajust your smile. Duplicate the eye once more and scale it down to be the edges of the smile. Copy that over to the otherside once done and flip it.
5. Next you want to DUPLICATE your head layer and DBL-Click next to the name to create a layer style
6. Once you have your layer style adjust it so it goes from COMPLETE BLACK to TRANSPARENT. Change the Opacity to 100%. Then make the OVER all OPACITY for the HEAD COPY Layer 20%.
7. NOW lets work on our main Head layer to make it POP! DBL-Click next to the HEAD Layer to create a layer style. GO ahead and enter these number from the images. ALSO you can play with your own settings. But this is what I came up with.
I added a slight drop shadow on mine also.
For more articles like these, be sure to subscribe to RENDERS
A free online reminder of all of the top tutorials and stories.
John Haley is a freelance video effects artist, and demo artist. Recent projects have included creation of animations for many of Mattel's Sizzle Reels, designing motion slates, and animation of the Air Quality Index for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). He has worked on promo, commercial and music video compositing as well. John is a graduate of Video Symphony's Motion Graphics Program in Burbank, CA. http://www.johnhaley.tv/
Related Keywords:tutorial, photoshop, smiley face, smileyface button, john haley, photoshop cs3
Source:Ko Maruyama. All Rights Reserved