|Page (1) of 1 - 03/06/18||email article||print page|
Zimmer Biomet Exhibits Product and Service Innovations at AAOS 2018
WARSAW, Ind., March 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. (NYSE and SIX: ZBH), a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare, today announced it will be showcasing its latest commercial offerings and previewing its next generation of technological innovations at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Annual Meeting, March 6-10 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
"Zimmer Biomet has the most expansive and comprehensive portfolio of products and services in the industry," said Bryan C. Hanson, President and CEO of Zimmer Biomet. "We're looking forward to showcasing our innovative commercial offerings and connecting with orthopaedic professionals from around the world at AAOS."
The latest innovations being featured at the Zimmer Biomet booth (#3351) include:
- The nSTRIDE® APS Kit (ex-U.S. use only) is designed to produce a novel autologous therapy to treat pain and slow the progression of cartilage degradation and destruction in the knee. The nSTRIDE APS Kit is a cell-concentration system, which concentrates anti-inflammatory cytokines and anabolic growth factors to significantly decrease pain and promote cartilage health.
- Bone Cement
- The U.S. launch of Biomet and Refobacin® Bone Cement R offerings built upon more than 30 years of successful clinical heritagei, offering high viscosity cement solutions that handle with ease in modern vacuum mixing systems.
- Synovasure® comprehensive diagnostic panel for periprosthetic and native joint infection, which now includes proprietary Synovasure Microbial Identification technology to directly detect components of bacteria and fungi in synovial fluid. When used in combination with Synovasure Alpha Defensin, surgeons can quickly and easily determine patient response to infection and the type of organism present.
- Comprehensive® Augmented Baseplate, a bone preserving glenoid solution featuring a circular baseplate design that enables simple positioning of the augment directly at the glenoid defect.
- Sidus® Stem-Free Shoulder, a clinically proven bone sparing solution for total shoulder arthroplasty designed for secure stemless fixation.
- Foot & Ankle
- Deformity correcting products available through our partnership with Nextremity Solutions, Inc., including the Nextra® Hammertoe Correction System, the MSP™ Metatarsal Shortening System, Arcus® Staple System and the Re+Line® Bunion Correction System.
- Subchondroplasty® Procedure for foot and ankle surgery, a minimally invasive outpatient intervention that addresses the defects associated with subchondral bone marrow lesions.
- Hip Preservation portfolio of options designed to treat conditions leading up to osteoarthritis and potentially prevent the need for total hip replacement.
- G7® and Continuum® acetabular shells, with advanced bearing and coating options including Dual Mobility and Trabecular Metal™ material to address indications from primary to revision surgery.
- Echo® Bi-Metric® Microplasty® hip stem, shortened to accommodate minimally invasive surgical approaches while remaining true to its metaphyseal loading, fit and fill stem design heritage.
- Trabecular Metal™ acetabular shells, recently shown to be 21 percent less likely to be re-revised due to infection by the National Joint Registry (statistically significant, p-value=0.036).ii
- Persona® Partial Knee System, the next era in personalization for fixed bearing partial knee design, offering compartment-specific shapes and precise, efficient instrumentation.
- Persona® Primary Knee System Micro Sizes, providing surgeons more personalization options to help find the ideal fit in smaller stature patients.
- Persona® Trabecular Metal™ Tibia, addressing cementless knee applications by combining all the benefits of the Persona design with Zimmer Biomet's 20-year porous fixation technology.
- OSS™ Orthopedic Salvage System, a comprehensive modular platform providing surgeons with intraoperative flexibility often required during limb salvage procedures.
- Personalized Solutions
- Comprehensive technology-based portfolio of guides, tools and software to support surgical planning, intraoperative guidance and optimal component placement.
- X-PSI™ X-ray Patient Specific Instruments, built from proprietary software based on bone atlas data that allows conversion of 2D X-rays to a workable 3D model for improved efficiencies and a personalized experience.
- Robotic Technology
- Follow the progress of the ROSA® Total Knee, including imaging, workflow, soft tissue adjustment and data collectioniii.
- Zimmer Biomet Signature Solutions
- Zimmer Biomet Signature Solutions' unique platform creates value and savings for providers by offering a suite of products and solutions that strive to increase value, improve patient outcomes and deliver cost-effective care.
- Mobi-C® Cervical Disc, the only mobile core device with two-level superior overall clinical success over Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF).
- Vitality® Spinal Fixation System, an adaptable system designed for spinal fixation in complex thoracolumbar procedures.
- Sports Medicine
- Quattro® Link, a knotless anchor that brings control and efficiency to soft tissue repair.
- BioWick™ X, a rotator cuff implant that is an interpositional bioresorbable scaffold wick.
- TCP Anchors, a full line of biocomposite rotator cuff suture anchors.
- Gel-One® Cross-Linked Hyaluronate, the first low-volume viscosupplement available in a single-injection formula.
- VISCO-3™ Sodium Hyaluronate, a three series hyaluronic acid (HA) product.
- IntelliCart® System Duo Fluid Carts, the foundation for infectious waste technology with market-leading 34-liter fluid capacity, extra-quiet vacuum pump, clog-free suction manifolds, portable smoke evacuation and a robust cleaning process that uses a FDA-cleared low-level disinfection cycle when processing reservoir interiors.
- Bactisure™ Wound Lavage, a clear, low-odor, aqueous solution designed to remove structurally resistant forms of bacteria, found in biofilms, on all wound types.
- ActiveCare® + S.F.T. System, a patented and proprietary technology that determines the venous phasic flow of each patient and synchronizes compression to the patient's individual flow pattern, reducing the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis.
- FastFrame™ External Fixation System, a first-of-its-kind, pre-assembled sterile packed disposable external fixation system that minimizes the complexity, lengthiness and high costs from common external fixation procedures involving ankle spanning, knee spanning, distal radius and damage control applications.
- THP™ Hip Fracture Plating System, an anatomic hip fracture plating system clinically designed to address the complications of femoral neck fracture fixation by combining the rotational control of three collapsible telescoping lag screws with the strength and stability of a side plate.
Zimmer Biomet will also host education and special presentations during the event.
About Zimmer Biomet
Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, Zimmer Biomet is a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. We design, manufacture and market orthopaedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities and trauma products; office based technologies; spine, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic products; dental implants; and related surgical products.
We collaborate with healthcare professionals around the globe to advance the pace of innovation. Our products and solutions help treat patients suffering from disorders of, or injuries to, bones, joints or supporting soft tissues. Together with healthcare professionals, we help millions of people live better lives.
We have operations in more than 25 countries around the world and sell products in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.zimmerbiomet.com or follow Zimmer Biomet on Twitter at www.twitter.com/zimmerbiomet.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements concerning Zimmer Biomet's expectations, plans, prospects, and product and service offerings, including new product launches and potential clinical successes. Such statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of management and are subject to significant risks, uncertainties and changes in circumstances that could cause actual outcomes and results to differ materially. For a list and description of some of such risks and uncertainties, see Zimmer Biomet's periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in Zimmer Biomet's filings with the SEC. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made, and Zimmer Biomet disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Readers of this news release are cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements, since there can be no assurance that these forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate. This cautionary statement is applicable to all forward-looking statements contained in this news release.
i Based on Zimmer Dough and Zimmer LVC cements introduced in the 1970s.
ii According to NJR data from 2003 to 2015 where 9,573 Trabecular Metal and 30,452 non-Trabecular Metal cups were used in revision THA and based on hazard ratios adjusted by patient gender, age group, and indications (OA/non-OA).
iii Concept Device: Not cleared by the FDA or available for sale in the United States.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zimmer-biomet-exhibits-product-and-service-innovations-at-aaos-2018-300607818.html
SOURCE Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Pro AV,Management,Presentors,Anim,Business Issues,Presentation,People,Events,USA, Inc.,Medicine,Surgery,healthcare,Dental,Technology,Surgery,Medication,Science,Sports,Lifestyle,Medical Technology,Medical,Sports,Other,