|Page (1) of 1 - 07/27/17||email article||print page|
Velocity Micro® Announces a New Line of Workstation and HPC Desktops(July 27, 2017)
Richmond, VA, July 27, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Velocity Micro®, the premier builder of award winning enthusiast desktops, laptops, high performance computing solutions, and professional workstations announces the availability of a suite of new workstation offerings designed for CAD design, 3D rendering, multimedia creation, and scientific calculation. Headlining the refreshed category are an AMD Epyc workstation with up to 64 physical cores, new Intel Xeon Scalable Processor offerings, and Threadripper, AMD’s newest Ryzen processor now available for pre-order. Select systems from the new offerings will also be available for display and demonstration at Siggraph August 1-3 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
“Our heritage is deeply rooted in building ultra-performance workstation PCs, extending back to when I founded the company twenty years ago,” said Randy Copeland, President and CEO of Velocity Micro. “By refreshing these offerings and making AMD’s Threadripper processors available for preorder, we’re reasserting our commitment to this category and this customer with the most complete line of custom workstation solutions available anywhere.”
Velocity Micro’s new workstations are designed and optimized for CAD design, advanced 3D renders, multimedia creation, and scientific calculation using software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, 3DS Max, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Revit, Maya, Houdini, and many others. A few options include:
- ProMagix HD80a – A single CPU workstation now powered by AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X with 16 cores (32 threads). Starting at $2,899, now available for pre-order.
- ProMagix HD360a – A dual CPU workstation form factor featuring AMD Epyc processors for up to 32 cores (64 threads) per chip. The only of its kind.
- ProMagix HD360i – A dual CPU workstation powered by Intel’s new Xeon Scalable processors (formerly Purley) with up to 28 cores (56 threads) per chip. Starting at $2,599.
- ProMagix G480 – Specifically designed for single or dual precision GPU computing with up to 70 Tflops of processing power via 8x GPUs. Starting at $7,495.
- ProMagix Smallblock – This small form factor render station powered by AMD Ryzen is optimized for multithreaded applications. Starting at $1,199.
All Velocity Micro desktops ship from and are supported in Richmond, VA with no preinstalled bloatware. To custom configure an award-winning desktop or to learn more, visit VelocityMicro.com, call 888-300-4450, or visit Siggraph booth #205 August 1-3.
About Velocity Micro
Velocity Micro is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, VA-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, small business, custom workstation, and visual supercomputers. Velocity Micro products are currently available in retail from Newegg.com and Amazon.com. For more information, please call (888) 300-4450 or visit www.VelocityMicro.com
Velocity Micro has earned over 75 industry awards, including 18 PC Magazine Editor’s Choice awards. CNET, Maximum PC, PC World, Wired Magazine, Computer Shopper, and PC Gamer editors have all chosen Velocity Micro systems as some of the industry’s best-performing, highest-quality, and most reliable PCs.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/c5b20b48-7fd1-41b7-8d8e-62c5fe052128
CONTACT: Josh CovingtonVelocity [email protected]