|Page (1) of 1 - 12/06/17||email article||print page|
Learnosity Partners With Paperscorer to Make Auto-Grading Possible for Paper-Based Assessment(December 06, 2017)
(PRWEB) December 06, 2017
Learnosity has announced that it has partnered with Paperscorer to help bridge the gap between digital and paper-based assessment.
Paperscorer's technology allows Learnosity users to print assessments and their accompanying answer sheets; administer assessments offline; and auto-score in seconds using standard scanners or mobile devices. Student scores are then automatically sent back to the client system for presentation and analysis. Paperscorer supports a wide variety of Learnosity question types, including:
- Multiple Choice - Standard
- Multiple Choice - Multiple
- Multiple Choice - Block Layout
- Math - Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Math
- Match List
- Order List
- Sort List?
“There are still many valid reasons to administer assessments offline," said Chris Morgan, Managing Partner of Paperscorer.
“Students with disabilities often require special accommodations; in certain contexts, digital devices may be considered distracting to students; some educators may not be comfortable having their students take assessments online. Our partnership with Learnosity puts the choice in the educator's hands. The medium in which educators administer assessments can now be tailored to meet the need."
For Learnosity's co-founder and CEO Gavin Cooney, fostering such partnerships through the company's Partner Network is the best way to meet these needs.
“We feel that developing partnerships with leading edtech companies helps Learnosity offer more choice to clients. It also means we can focus on improving our core product while making a range of complementary services available to people who want to build using us. Furthermore, collaborating with niche specialists such as Paperscorer allows us to pool our resources so we can better meet the needs of educators and learners."
- Learnosity was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.
- The company offers a suite of assessment technologies (APIs) which enable organizations from a wide range of sectors, to easily incorporate powerful, interactive assessment capabilities into any digital product, new or existing.
- With intuitive authoring, powerful analytics and over 65 technology-enhanced items (TEIs), Learnosity shortens development cycles, effort and time-to-market, without sacrificing quality or value.
- Clients include Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Pearson, CenterPoint (formerly Parcc Inc.), Big Ideas Learning, and Mathletics.
- Delivers over 46 million tests per month.
- Awards: SIIA – Best K-12 Enterprise Solution in 2014 and 2016; European Business Awards – National Champion for Innovation for 2016/2017.
For enquiries or information, visit http://www.learnosity.com or contact media(at)learnosity(dot)com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/12/prweb14982853.htm.