|Page (1) of 1 - 03/08/18||email article||print page|
Gane?sco Inc. and Global Education Group provide The COPD Patient: Acute to Post-Acute Integrated Healthcare
PITTSBURGH, March 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare professionals providing diagnosis, therapy or management to patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), are invited to participate in one of the nation's most comprehensive continuing education programs, The COPD Patient: Acute to Post-Acute Integrated Healthcare, Friday, April 20, 2018, Dallas, TX, Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center.
Every four minutes someone dies from COPD in the United States. It is estimated that up to 12 million Americans could have COPD, but are completely unaware of it. This event will educate professionals who treat patients with COPD – the third leading cause of death in the United States. Educators and speakers include prominent health care leaders, who will cover various topics, including:
- Updated GOLD strategy for the Diagnosis, Management and Prevention of COPD
- COPD: Comorbidities, Diagnosis and Treatment in the Hospital
- Role of Pulmonology Rehabilitation in COPD Patient Transition
- COPD Acute Exacerbations
- Healthcare Practitioner Role - Transitioning the COPD Patient to Post-Acute Care
- Advanced Illness Management (AIM): Palliative Care
- Executing a Longitudinal Care Pathway from Hospital to Home
The comprehensive training opportunity costs $250 physicians and $150 for other healthcare practitioners. Registration is available at https://ganesco.cvent.com/COPDPatient2018.
According to Nancy Nunley, president, Gane?sco, who designed and developed the educational program in conjunction with the Global Education Group's Ultimate Medical Academy, the event will provide several advantageous continuing education opportunities to physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare practitioners, including:
- Traditional (live) continuing education (seven hours) and AARC non-traditional (three hours) online at www.ganesco.com
- Deliberation on the transitional pathways from hospital-to-home for the COPD patient, and the clinician's role in instituting and managing those pathways
- Implementation strategies to initiate practice changes in the diagnosis, therapeutics, and management of COPD patients in acute to sub-acute environments
- Review of the latest updated strategies from the Global Initiative for Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD)
- Discussions on other clinically relevant topics from some of the top COPD practice leaders
"The information presented during this high-profile learning event is vital for healthcare professionals seeking to implement and enhance practice changes to improve the quality of life for COPD patients and the distribution efficacy of care," said Nunley.
For more information and to register for the continuing education event, visit https://ganesco.cvent.com/COPDPatient2018.
Ganesco is a US-based company that develops and manages continuing education programs and software platforms for medical professionals to fulfill their license or credential requirements.
For more than 10 years, Global Education Group has helped our education partners succeed through effective and intelligent Joint Providership partnerships. Global is Accredited with Commendation by the ACCME to provide Continuing Medical Education (CME) for physicians, and we hold an additional six accreditations to certify education for the entire spectrum of health care professionals.
UMA makes career-focused education convenient, affordable and relevant to the needs and demands of today's health care industry. Ultimate Medical Academy is a dynamic career school committed to empowering students to excel in the health care field. UMA strives to provide an educational experience that maximizes value to its students in a professional, supportive and ethical environment.
Physician Accreditation Statement
This CME/CE activity complies with all requirements of the federal Physician Payment Sunshine Act. If a reportable event is associated with this activity, the accredited provider managing the program will provide the appropriate physician data to the Open Payments database.
Physician Credit Designation
Nursing Continuing Education
This educational activity for 7.0 contact hours is provided by Global Education Group. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Respiratory Care Continuing Education
Global Contact Information
SOURCE Gane?sco Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Pro AV,Management,Presentors,Business Issues,Presentation,Channel/Distribution,Training, Inc.,Disease,healthcare,medical technologists,Surgery,Physician,Health Technologist,Science,Medical,Other,Medical Professionals,