|Page (1) of 1 - 02/05/13||email article||print page|
DesignCon 2013 Post-Show Report
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --UBM Tech, whose portfolio includes essential business and technical information for design engineers and the electronics industry, held its annual DesignCon conference and expo last week in Santa Clara, Calif., where members of the chip, board and systems design community converged to take advantage of the show's four full days of intensive technical learning and networking opportunities. Featuring more than 120 in-depth tutorials, technical paper sessions and panel discussions designed to address the pervasive nature of signal integrity at all levels of electronic design, as well as three visionary keynotes, several sponsored training sessions, a host of technical and interactive theater sessions and 130+ exhibitors more than any other design engineering event his season attendance for DesignCon 2013 grew by 8%, supporting its reputation as the premier annual trade event for the semiconductor and electronic design industries.
"DesignCon 2013 was a great success," said Wendy Yamaguma, Senior Events Director, UBM Tech Electronics. "Attendance was up, spirits were high, and we have already begun to receive excellent feedback about our content, events, speakers, and services." View photos from DesignCon.
Designed to provide attendees with unique opportunities to learn about cutting-edge technical developments and solutions from leading industry experts, the sold-out DesignCon 2013 expo featured several live product demonstrations and an abundance of dynamic new product announcements. A few standouts include:
- DesignCon Host Sponsor Agilent Technologies announced the expansion of its award-winning Infiniium90000 X-Series oscilloscope familyto include the world's highest performance mixed-signal oscilloscope, or MSO. The expansion adds six new MSO models, as well as 13-GHz DSO and DSA models, to the X-Series.
- Signal Integrity Software, Inc. (SiSoft) announced that it has developed an interface to SAS' JMP statistical discovery software that, for the first time, lets high-speed system designers characterize extremely large design spaces to make informed engineering decisions.
- Rambus unveiled the innovative R+ enhanced industry standards platform, which offers commercial benefits of industry-standard memory and chip-to-chip interfaces while enabling customers to differentiate products through specialized solutions. Additionally, Rambus showcased innovations in 3D IC interposer technology.
- Teledyne LeCroy showcased the latest innovations in signal integrity test and measurement, including the LabMaster 10 Zi Series, the world's highest bandwidth oscilloscope with 65 GHz on up to 40 channels; the HDO, the industry's first 12-bit high definition oscilloscope; and the SDAIII-CompleteLinQ, a new multilane serial data analysis package for oscilloscopes that simultaneously displays four eye diagrams and other analysis.
- Rohde & Schwarz held standing-room-only training sessions on Phase Noise and Jitter Measurements, USB 2.0 Compliance Testing and Synchronous Time and Frequency Domain Measurements Using a Digital Oscilloscope.
- FCI announced its advanced ExaMAX high-speed backplane connector technology, which is designed to provide a path for future designs up to 40 Gb/s. The revolutionary ExaMAX connector design combines a new connector terminal design technology that significantly decreases terminal stub and ground-mode resonances with a compact form-factor and an optimized PCB footprint for easier and more flexible user system design.
- 3M announced the full launch of its Embedded Capacitance Material (ECM) C2006. With a capacitance density of approximately 20 nF per square inch, the ultra-thin laminate material offers one of the highest capacitance densities currently available on the market in a halogen-free* product and is now available for high-volume manufacturing.
- Ohmega Technologies introduced its OhmegaPly MTR Technology, which allows thin film resistors to be built within a printed circuit trace that is less than 100 microns (0.004") wide. Using standard subtractive printed circuit board processes, it is ideal for high density interconnect (HDI) designs where passive component placement is difficult or impossible.
- Hittite Microwave Corporation launched the HMC6545LP5E, a low power, high performance and fully programmable dual channel asynchronous advanced linear equalizer that operates with data rates up to 32 Gbps and is ideal for a wide range of networking and fiber optic applications.
The expo also featured DesignCon's annual award programs, which recognized best-in-class companies in electronics and test and measurement.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
For more information on DesignCon 2013 or UBM Tech please contact:
Linda Uslaner, UBM Tech, Electronics
516-562-5843 | [email protected]
Christine Stieglitz, BtB Marketing Communications
919-872-8172 | [email protected]
SOURCE UBM Electronics
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Manufacturing, Applications, Manufacturing/Production, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Education, Networking, Business Issues, Game Development, Marketing/Distribution, Display, Camera/Film, Business, Marketing, Standards/Initiatives, Anim, Broadcast Technology, Software, Inc., Science, Marketing Services, Film, Theater, Business, Other,