|Page (1) of 1 - 08/08/08||email article||print page|
A to Z, 3D in Photoshop CS3eA couple of things that are possible (and not)
The one thing that you might be excited to see when you open up Adobe's Photoshop CS3extended is that you can now import several flavors of 3d models. What are these strange files? Well, for many 2D photoshop users, the file formats are completely foreign. But there are many new opportunities for 2D design. For the 3D users who are already familiar with the 3D file types, Photoshop isn't a replacement for their software.
1. You can manipulate both the rotation, scale, and relationship to the camera for each 3D layer, but
2. Linked layers do not obey the same camera movement, but
3. Moving the cameras and objects around (3D Transformations) is really easy.
4. Unfortunately, you can't animate the 3D transformation properties of the 3D layers, but
5. You can animate other properties of the layers in Photoshop CS3extended, including style properties.
You probably want a file to play around with, so you can experiment with the different 3D features.
I've made a Photoshop CS3 Extended file with some 3D letters, A to Z. There are plenty of other files to come, and some buried in the articles about CINEMA4D that you can find throughout the CREATIVEMAC website.
For more articles like these, be sure to subscribe to RENDERS
A free online reminder of all of the top tutorials and stories.
Ko Maruyama is a freelance animator in Los Angeles. In addition to working on film and broadcast animations, Ko teaches at Pasadena's Art Center College of Design - focusing on motion design. When working, writing or testing software allows, you can find him lending a hand in the After Effects board and lurking among the Cinema4D, Visual Effects and Photoshop posts within the DMNForums.
Related Keywords:tutorial, 3D layers, free 3D Adobe Photoshop CS3 extended, maxon cinema4d file, tutorial download
To Comment on This Article, Click HERE
Most Recent Reader Comments:
Click Here To Read All Posts
Must be Registered to Respond (Free Registration!!!, CLICK HERE)
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved