|Page (1) of 1 - 09/14/18||email article||print page|
2018 Belt & Road Media Community Summit Forum Successfully Concludes in Xi'an
BEIJING, Sept. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2018 Belt & Road Media Community Summit Forum has successfully concluded in the historic Chinese city of Xi'an. Over 300 international media professionals attended the summit, whose theme was New Era, New Achievements, New Breakthroughs, to discuss major plans for future cooperation and development. The Summit was guided by the State Administration of Radio and Television; hosted for the first time by China Media Group; organized by CITVC and CHNPEC, and co-organized by the Xi'an Broadcasting Station. Over 10 cooperation achievements and new projects were unveiled, covering 6 major categories: the addition of new members, program co-production, local channels and time slots, program simulcasting, news and information cooperation, and "Golden Ribbon" multinational cooperation.
Since inception in 2016, membership in the Belt & Road Media Community (B&RMC) has grown to 103 institutions from over 51 countries, including 5 new members who joined at the Summit – ASBU?Germany's TV Alliance?Cambodia's Digital Sky Multimedia?Cambodia's V Stream and Japan's World Hi-Vision Channel. B&RMC development and advancement over the past few years includes extensive and practical communication; cooperation for international co-production; the creation of the short documentary Golden Ribbon competition; television program simulcasting; cooperative operation of channels or time slots; program trading and information resource sharing.
"The forum is one of the most important events to be hosted by China Media Group since its establishment. We were pleased to receive so many of our nearly 100 company members in beautiful Xi'an to discuss the future of our global media Community. During the summit we proposed four target areas: creation of high-quality content, deepening of all-around cooperation; expanding complete channel communication and strengthening overall business communication," said Jijun Xue, Representative of China Media Group, Chairman and President of China International Television Corporation (CITVC).
Esteemed Summit guest, JP Bommel, President and CEO of U.S.-based media organization, NATPE, stated in his opening speech, "An increasing number of international companies have a desire to cooperate with Chinese companies. It is a great pleasure for me to attend the forum to meet industry heavyweights from a range of countries. Summits like these allow us to gain an understanding of each other's businesses and explore opportunities for further international cooperation, therefore stimulating creativity and improving productivity."
Programming highlights of the summit included:
- Premiere of TV drama Origin, co-produced by CITVC, Sony Pictures Ent (U.S.) & Left Bank Pictures (U.K.)
- Announcement of docs, From Chang'an to Rome, a co-production between China and Italy, a pluralistic international perspective on two major cities, Xi'an and Rome, and Approaching China: Jean-Pierre Raffarin Witnesses 40 Years of Great Change exploring the former French PM's visits to China
- Update on China-Canadian doc co-pro, Silk Road to Northern Lights, featuring world heritage sites
- 2018 Golden Ribbon Awards recognizing outstanding short documentaries. The jury selected Be with Each Other Though Far Apart?Kites Flying High?The Flying Top?The Mongolian Horse?The Treasure as this year's winning programs
- Launch of the 2019 Golden Ribbon project Silk Road in My Eyes, a multi-national co-production exploring the true meaning of the Silk Road culture
- Launch of "China Hour" in Portugal
- Launch of the Eurasia News Sharing and Exchange Platform for Community members to share news
Tang Shiding, Vice President of CITVC said, "The future plans of the Community include projects necessary to promote high-quality development through undergoing strong efforts in four areas: further expand the Community's circle of friends; expand new media cooperation platform; optimize the media industry ecosystem; and strive for more upgrades and further cooperation.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2018-belt--road-media-community-summit-forum-successfully-concludes-in-xian-300712771.html
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Broadcast,Digital,Business,Broadcast Technology,China,Sony,Television,Business,china,Other,