|Avid Announces Immediate Availability of Avid Xpress DV 3.5 Video Editing Software for Macintosh OS X and Windows XP |
"Xpress DV 3.5 is an important release for Avid because it fulfills our commitment to bring the industry's most powerful DV editing studio to the Mac," said David Krall, Avid's president and CEO. "And, we have taken our commitment to Macintosh users a step further by ensuring that Xpress DV's real-time architecture is supported on all G4s - laptops, desktops and even the new iMac."
"Most of the world's video editing is done on Macs and Avid's new Xpress DV product will further cement this," said Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple. "Avid has a long history of serving the professional video editing community, and this new version of Xpress DV taps the power of Mac OS X and the G4 Velocity Engine to bring professional-level editing capabilities to even more Mac users."
Avid Xpress DV v3.5 Summary
· Avid's real-time architecture - offers more than 100 infinitely customizable real-time effects, titling, compositing and color correction with multiple, simultaneous streams - all in software - all without rendering. Customers can create richly layered compositions such as a moving title with a dissolve, a color correction effect, and a picture-in-picture overlay simultaneously - all in real-time.
· Real-time expert color correction tools (built on patented technology derived from Avid's professional Avid Symphony(TM) finishing system).
· Customizable workspaces that allow customers to personalize every aspect of the industry-standard Avid editing interface.
· Versions for both Macintosh OS X and Windows XP operating systems in the same box, so professionals can easily move back and forth between systems they use most often.
· Support for all qualified Macintosh computers with Mac OS X v10.1.4 or later and 400 MHz G4 processor or higher. Avid's revolutionary real-time architecture even runs on the new iMac and all Apple PowerBook G4s.
· Support for qualified systems running the Windows XP Professional operating system.
· Affordably priced - USMSRP $1,699 for the standard configuration and $2,499 for the PowerPack.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
New Color Correction Features
· Patent-pending NaturalMatch(TM) technology, capable of true color-to-color matching without the use of grayscale values to approximate color tones.
· A three-window view that includes previous, current and next frames, along with reference frames and split-screen mode, to let editors precisely correct colors between shots.
· Customizable, advanced vectorscope, waveform monitors and histograms, including luminance and chrominance.
· Three ChromaWheel(TM) HSL color offset wheels (shadows, midtones, highlights).
· HSL master controls (hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, clip, invert).
· ChromaCurve (TM) interactive graphs with multi-point controls (red, blue, green, master).
Beta Customer Feedback
"With Avid Xpress DV on my Mac, I can now move projects from my PowerBook to a Media Composer® or Symphony(TM) with ease. I don't lose any of the project info, and we save lots of time by not having to convert EDL's," said Emmy®-award winning Editor Herbert Bennett of Video Arts in San Francisco. "Avid is already the industry standard for editing at the high-end of the market, but tools like this mean that every editor can affordably join the Avid family."
More About Avid Xpress DV v3.5
More information about Avid Xpress DV v3.5, including complete pricing, upgrades, list of features, the new color correction toolset, and system requirements, can be found at www.avid.com/xpressdv.
About Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid Technology, Inc. delivers the solutions that Make, Manage and Move Media(TM). As a recognized digital standard for professionals who Make the world's media -- from video, audio and film to animation, special effects and streaming media -- Avid's products are used to make more television and news shows, commercials, music videos and CDs, corporate/industrial productions and major motion pictures combined than any other nonlinear editing manufacturer in the world. Building on its award-winning heritage, which includes several Emmy® awards as well as an Oscar® statuette representing the 1998 Scientific and Technical Award for the concept, design and engineering of the Avid Film Composer® system for motion picture editing, Avid is extending its reach by redefining how digital media is shared, stored and distributed. To Manage today's increasingly rich collection of dynamic media, Avid provides powerful servers, networks and media tools to help customers search files, share media and collaborate on new productions, both locally and globally. Avid's solutions also empower users to easily Move media, whether on air, over cable or satellite or through the Internet. Like no other media company today, Avid's end-to-end solutions span the continuum of media creation, management and distribution. The company's corporate headquarters are located in Tewksbury, MA. More information about the company is available at www.avid.com.
· (c)2002 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product specifications and availability are subject to change without notice. Reseller prices may vary. All prices are USMSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, Avid Xpress, ChromaCurve, ChromasWheel, Film Composer, Make, Manage and Move Media, Natural Match and Symphony are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Oscar is a trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts, and Sciences. Emmy is a registered trademark of ATAS/NATAS. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Related sites: AV Video Broadcast Newsroom Corporate Media News Creative Mac Digital Post Production Digital Producer Digital Video Editing Digital Webcast DTV Professional DV Format Film Imaging HDTV Buyer Hollywood Industry Media Workstation The WWUG
[an error occurred while processing this directive]